Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My "British" mate!

Not too long ago I was talking about a weekend with my "British" mate and I said I'd talk about it more later, well it's later! Here are some basics:
Name: LaBria
Age: 18
Location: In the far away country part of Hillsboro
Known since: Middle school!
Best memory: Going to Lloyd Center and pretending to be British and people believing us :)

So now that you know the basics I'll let you in on why we're "British" mates, I don't remember the exact day or anything but we both realized we love England and somehow that lead to us being British mates, we enjoy talking in accents and learning the lingo too.

Best memory explaination: A few summers ago we had to stay in a hotel downtown to babysit her sisters and another girl and Lloyd center was right down the street. We went down there with the kids and of course if people see two teens with three little babies then they assume the worst. I'm pretty sure like two or three people asked if they were ours.... AWKWARD! Anyway we went back sans the children when we could and we spoke in British accents the whole time. People actually thought we were from England, it was so funny. Since then when we think of it we talk in British accents in public just to get a rise.

She's easily one of my BEST friends, I would be so lost without her. When I can I go over to her house and stay for days. We usually watch a million movies and TV shows, our favorite is How I Met Your Mother. Barney Stinson, for the win!
SUIT UP!!!
From left to right, Barney Stinson, Robin Scherbatsky, Ted Mosby, Lily Aldrin, and Marshall Eriksen
We also love fake mustache. I don't know what it is, but we LOVE them! Here are some prime examples of that:
Our trip to WA was made better by the fake mustaches L bought at the mall :)
Sorry it's blurry

This is our take on Dane Cook's "Oh no! Johnson smiled joke! I was Johnson

I think I look like Mario...
 Once I graduate from SOU I plan on moving down to LA with L, we're going to have an amazing little place filled with our favorite colors (green, her, and yellow, me) I can't wait for that to happen!
2009 Warped Tour, we were waiting in line to meet The White Tie Affair, three months later they remembered us :)

We also enjoy going to the movies together and in 2009 and 2010 we went to Warped Tour together. We didn't go this year and it made me sad, but I got to experience Dew Tour so I'll live! We've gone to so many concerts together and since I'll be close to CA we'll definitely be going to more soon!

I'm so glad I decided to share my British Mate with you! Hope you enjoyed it too!
 ♥ E




How I Met Your Mother Photo Credit: NJ.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...