Friday, August 26, 2011

Kid at Heart

Since college is literally right around the corner (22 more days!) I've been realizing how much I actually miss being a kid with little responsibility and endless imagination, so I thought I would dedicate a post to being a kid. Even though I am 18 and going to be a college student in less than a month, I am still very much a kid. I think like a kid, occasionally act like a kid, and I still LOVE kid things.
These are PERFECT examples of my childlike state of being. These are the "bookends" that my roomie and I got for our dorm, we couldn't find any actual bookends that were cute, so we got these cheap at Target
Meet Alfalfa! (Ashley's)

Meet Remy! (Mine)
Yes my piggy is named after Remy from Ratatouille (My favorite movie, and more proof!). I love that we named them and that mine is a chalkboard, I was so excited! I got really colorful chalk from Fred Meyer for $.99!!
I'm also taking my pillow pet!
I still enjoy watching Disney movies, animated or not. Here's a list of my all time favorite Disney movies:
All Toy Story movies (Btw I totally love that picture!)
There are more, but that list would be too long to read, so I'll move on.

More proof I'm still a kid:
I freaked out when I found out that Teen Nick was bringing back TV shows from the '90s. All That, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains It All, and Doug! I was so excited. Also last night I downloaded Phineas and Ferb ringtones, and the Boy Meets World theme song.

The moral of this story is that I will FOREVER be a kid at heart. No matter how old I am, who tries to change me, or who can't stand me because of it. I will never change who I am to please someone else, and neither should you. If someone can't love you for who you are, then they don't deserve your love at all.
I didn't mean for this to turn into a lesson, but I think it works. And I'm sure that I'll be submitting photos soon of me being a big kid :)
E

Photo Credit: Target.com, Google and WeHeartIt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...