Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things: Summer


Since summer is slowly coming to an end [thank God, I can't wait to get back to Ashland], I thought I would share a few of my favorite things; summer 2013 edition:

1.

The weather, living in Oregon is great because it's beautiful. The downside is the amount of rain that comes with living in Oregon, so when summer rolls around the clouds disappear and the sun comes out to play. I am in LOVE with the heat, mostly because I am literally always cold [I shiver when it's 80 degrees].

2.


Trips to the Coast, last summer my grandma and I took an impromptu trip to seaside and then ventured down to Tillamook for some ice cream. I love going to the coast during the summer, it's a nice little getaway from work and school and I'm in love with the ocean. 

3.
Fresh fruit, all of my favorite fruits are only in season during the summer. There is nothing better than a bowl of fresh fruit on a hot day. Plus fruit is a very healthy snack

4.

No school, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my school and the people that go there, but a break from the work is definitely needed every now and then. This one leads to my next favorite thing about summer

5.
Lazy days, you know the days where you wake up, drink some coffee, have a bowl of cereal and watch your favorite shows? Those are the ones I'm talking about. I don't like being lazy all of the time because I like to feel productive but occasionally being lazy is just what the doctor prescribed.

6.

Catching up on TV shows, during the school year I don't really watch tv because a) I don't have a TV, and b) I don't have time because of class and work and spending time with friends, so during summer I catch up on all of my favorites. Besides I hate waiting a week to see the next episode, so waiting gives me a good amount of episodes and no wait.

7.

The clothes, I'm one of those people who hates wearing clothes [no I'm not a nudist], I would just rather not wear jeans. That being said I do still love wearing sweaters and boots in the winter. Summer just gives me an excuse to wear minimal clothing.

8.

The 4th of July, the fireworks, the barbecues, the sun, the lazy feel of the day, the celebrations. Seriously what's not to love about the 4th of July?

♥  Honorable mentions ♥ 
♥ iced coffee♥ road trips♥ longs nights♥ no need for makeup♥ seeing my family♥ summer jobs♥ summer discounts at my favorite stores♥ the colors♥ summer shows♥ reading all day♥ lack of responsibilities♥ the drinks♥ the concerts♥ netflix
♥  E
Photo Credit: Tumblr, Google, WeHeartIt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...